Stardust Process

blog_header_experiments

Before posting Stardust in its final form, I want to delve into the process a bit more.

The previous post showed full-scale screen tests of how the interactive system in Stardust works (at least the core). These  screen-tests were done to figure out what type of visual language was best to communicate enchantment and magic. I did extensive visual research creating an aesthetic palette that would give me a reference on the visual language I would use for the installation. These images are the ones showed on the screen-tests and the categories I used to analyze them are photorealistic stars, dust and light, particle systems, handmade and luminescence.

I tested these in the form of collages as well. Here’s a look:

star guys astar guys2After testing out both on-screen and with the collages, the feedback I got was that the following visual language communicated better magic in the stardust. For the following part of the process, I had this aesthetic as a benchmark.

star guys final

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

firma 2

Advertisements

Share your thoughts

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: